Taryn Nagy Holland
Hi! I'm Taryn and I'm a Southern California and San Diego area photographer who specializes in natural light family and wedding photography.
A little bit about me; My everyday life is pretty unglamorous, I work from home in the beautiful Cardiff by the Sea and spend most days in yoga pants or sweats. I have a sweet husband Eddie (who is an engineer), and no kids yet.
We do have Mae, who is our 1 year old Schnoddle (Schnauzer - Poodle), and she is an absolute wild woman. When I'm not shooting weddings and families, she's my most frequent subject.
I got into photography about 15 years ago, but when I started doing photography as my job 4 years ago I discovered something amazing. I got to see a side of families rarely seen, especially when our goal with each session is adventure and wonder.
What a gift to me it is to get to know someone and their family in a real and intimate way, and help bring out a client's personality and real relationships in portraits. It's my job to help you not only capture an image but create a memory and build a trusted friendship. I love to tell a story with my art, of your one of a kind wedding day, your excitement over expecting a little one, or preserving the sweetness of your family.
So if you are the type of person who is looking for an experience over a transaction, I think we'll be a perfect fit!
My Favorite Things
- Creme Brulee. If it's on the menu, I will be ordering it. It doesn't matter if I'm on a diet, it's happening.
- Star Wars - Not only do I love the movies (because I grew up watching them on repeat) but I also read almost every Star Wars book I could find.
- The Beach. The rolling waves, the glowing sea, nothing calms me more. I live right near it and I can never get enough.
- Christmas time- It's my favorite time of year, because it's so warm and bright. But also because my birthday is in December. So can you blame me?
- My Schnoodle Puppy girl Mae - Is is sort of wild but very sweet. She's not a great listener but we're working on it. :)
- Yoga pants or sweatpants, it's what I spend most of my days in working in my home office.
- Disneyland - We love to go to Disneyland (Annual Passholders), and are SUPER into finding hidden Mickey's (if you're a Disneyland fan, you know what I'm talking about).
- Harry Potter - I never got my letter from Hogwarts but I just know I'm not a plain old muggle. I bring a touch of magic to the world.